3/31/09

I forgot to tell you!

I ran for 20 minutes straight yesterday @ 6mph! This may not seem like alot,but I am not really a "runner" per-say. However, I love to do it! My body just completely gives up and starts sweating and heavy breathing around 15min and my mind is like "This is great"! But my body won at 20 min! However, I have not ran a STRAIGHT 20 minutes for about a year! I hope to continually increase my running time! ANY SUGGESTIONS!?

On to the eats!

Breakfast: Jocalat Chocolate Hazlenut Bar and Banana

Ohhhh man! This bar tastes like a dense brownie with little bits of hazlenut taking charge (almost like they used half "Brownie batter" & "half hazlenut flour or grounds"....SO good! If only I had thought to microwave it! :(


Lunch! Salad (with broccoli, sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg, green pepper, romaine & a BIT too much dressing, but owell!) and fruit cup.

SNACK! MMMM! Tiramisu Gelato.....tastes like a Wendy's Frosty! :D
Apple (to fuel my upcoming workout!)

**I am about to head to the Gym with Alexa! Just some light cardio workout because we are headed to a cute little Health Food Store for dinner afterwards and I get sweaty so fast! lol
**I have a group project due tommorrow and do not have anything from my group yet (They were supposed to email me!). Great, huh?!
**My Art Test Went Well! (Why is that all caps?!)
**I will be catching up on all of your blogs....as soon as possible!





7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the run, girl! Ha, I enjoy running and can do it for quite a while - but I honestly dont think i've ever gone above 5.7 miles per hour! My legs are too short to keep up :( haha! Nice work girl!

    Good luck with your group project - i hate doing group projects in college because I dont like having to worry about what everyone else is going to get done and what slack Im going to have to cover to make up for what they didnt do :( yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! You're gelato pics always look soooo good. I hope everything that you have going on goes well! Hang in there! Summer is soon!
    Love,
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working my way back into running slowly but surely. I'm not a runner, never will be, but I know how great it feels to be able to run for 20 minutes!

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 minutes is awesome! I'm definitely NOT a runner by nature, I'm a swimmer! But a few years ago (b/c of my ED, actually) I got into running and lovedddd it! I haven't been running for quite a while so lately I've been trying to get back into it. I'm at about the same place you are right now, but I've been going by distance where I just run .5 miles then walk .5 and repeat that pattern but I'm planning to up that running distance and decrease the walking a little bit each week until I'm running the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wowie - congrats! I can totally relate as I've felt that way about my 20 minutes many a time. I'm now at 30 minutes (most days) and I'm so happy you would think I ran a marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a runner, trust me, it will get easier. About 4 years ago I was starting about where you are, but ever since I started running, my love for the sport has grown to massive proportions. Now I run 60 miles/week and I can't imagine my life without it!

    Just keep truckin', and don't give up. Hard work will yield rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!
    Awesome job on getting into running.
    Try running slightly slower and it will make going longer easier. Or try intervals, i.e. run @ 7 (6, 7, 8, 9, whatever works)mph for 1 minute and light jog @ 4 (.5, 5. 5.5 etc.) mph for 2 minutes.

    Also, I have never tried gelato...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?