11/8/09

Good news! I saw a dog today!

Exactly 2 weeks from now, I will be flying HOME (!!!) and one of you will be winning a box of Penny's Low Fat Desserts (If you haven't entered yet, there's still time!).


Speaking of Penny's Low Fat Desserts...Alexa and I made some Ice Cream Sandwiches again with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie.


Hello, my tasty friends... :P Okay, so I stumbled upon the most amazing oatmeal ever. The ingredient list. The nurition profile. THE TASTE! Holy Moley, folks...Nature's Path Hot Oatmeal has blown me away! Their Granola Bars seem to have the same effect...


The apple cinnamon flavor was so thorough and natural! MMM!

Comfort in a bowl! Frozen Banana Chunks + Melty Peanut Butter + a Toasty Heart to Heart Waffle
=

Something you MUST try
This was another one of my genius ideas...
mozzarella melted upon a scrumdiddlyumptious Sunshine Burger.


This was the most cooking I have done in a WHILE...that will change in 2 weeks! :D

Starbucks 2% Gingerbread Latte-sans ginger. phaha
Only me...only me...

BTW, I'm officially not crazy for watching ELF Saturday...
Starbuck's says it's Christmas! ;)
Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I won't lie. The flavor could have been much stronger. However, the creaminess of this concoction will make me look past that! MMM!

N'nD Stadium Nachos

Look at this picture and tell me it doesn't look like the nachos that you get for $4 when you go to a sporting event and sit on freezing cold or burning hot bleachers (not that those aren't good from time to time...).
I literally felt like I should be screaming "Go, Team, GO" while licking the cheese hummus off of my fingers.

Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce:
Worst Frozen Meal Ever.

  • Thick, tough, slimy noodles make up about 90%


  • A thin "layer" of ricotta that you can see through is present and accounted for...barely


  • About half way through, all you have left is fat, flavorless noodles


  • The picture on the front of the box is of another dish altogether


  • They attempt to cover this all up with a big blob of spaghetti sauce on top of the dish...They can't fool me! I ate it all because I was hungry...and never want to experience it again. Thank you.



 This salad from the other day was slightly more refreshing...


 Penny's Low Fat Desserts Chocolate Chip Cookie...
Use the discount code EWTEX for 10% off and get free shipping on orders over $40 until November 13th!


 Cinnabon Cinnamon Crisps
A new find...and I can't make up my mind.


 The nutritional stats are not bad with each ounce having only 130 calories and no saturated fat. The ingredient list starts with whole wheat flour and is quite short. However, all of that goodness aside, I was expecting a crunchy sweet treat when I popped open this bag...


 They look as though they are dusted with a cinnamon SUGAR coating; but the sweetness is pretty much nonexistent. This had me shrugging my shoulder at Cinnabon's new creation. HOWEVER, as I began to munch away, they grew on me. They are not sweet; but they taste like an overly cinnamon-ed bagel chip and now that the bag is gone I kind of miss them. Then again, they were $3.50, so this cheap frugal college girl will have to pass for now...

Tea Giveaway!
Personalized Gift Giveaway!
There is a stellar giveaway going on over at Beauty4Moms!
No, really, you better scurry on over there and figure out what's for grabs! :)

15 comments:

  1. ive got to try some of the pennys desserts..i see your blog rave about them all the time and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous of your ice cream sandwich- Yummmmm

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the ice cream sammie looks epic....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my desire to try pennys desserts just turned into a NEED to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Sabra red pepper hummus! It comes in different containers here in Europe, but I think the stuff itself is the same:) Good!

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the multigrain raisin spice oatmeal, though it seems a little skimpy on the grains. Might need 2 packets, but still good flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those ice cream sandwiches you make. I really need to get my ice cream maker out, bake some cookies and make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i hope i win the pennys desserts! since signing up for the newsletter I get the emails and they look soo good!!!

    never tried that oatmeal I love natures path though so I am ssure its amazinggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally had those cinnabon crisps in my shopping cart today but ditched 'em at the last second for a jar of PB .. priorities, obv! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a) I'm glad I'm not the only college student that goes to bed early! I always feel so abnormal for being in bed by 11 p.m.
    b) MUST HAVE COOKIES.
    c) I totally had some red pepper hummus with carrots for my snack today!
    d) If you're looking for a good frozen lasanga, try the Amy's Vegetable one; it is probably the best frozen meal I've had (not to make you feel bad about having had the worst, today).
    e)I like making lists.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deserts look wonderful.

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the ice cream sandwiches with those cookies look amazing! So does that waffle combo. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reviews! 3.50 for a bag? Wow...That's crazy!

    Gotta love starbucks :D

    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy ice cream sandwiches! Those look amazing!

    I always want to buy the variety packs of oatmeal, but I never like all of the flavors! :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. If Starbucks says it's Christmas than I'm listening to my Charlie Brown Christmas CD - no guilt.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?