10/13/09

Picture Perfect

Hello peeps...homies...blogettes...what have you! I hope you are having a marvelous Tuesday!! Mine has been filled with laundry, cleaning, homework..oh my!

Penny's Low Fat Desserts Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie...another winner! Not such a winner in the "photo" dept, but that doesn't change the fact that it was soft, chocolate-y, big and full of chocolate & peanut butter chips! Oh yea...only 150 calories and 3g of fat to boot! :D Oikos Blueberry Yogurt...Frozen Banana Chunks...Almonds....
Simple Pleasures
A good ole' PBJ is sometimes just what the body needs...
Archer Farms (Target) Honey Apple Spice 7 Grain Granola Bars
I love that Target is attempting to copy Kashi here (actually, I don't love it)...but at least do them justice. This bar tasted like apple cinnamon GUM with stale grains mixed in. It was disgustingly chewy....blah!
Oroweat Dutch Country Smooth Texture 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Overall, I strongly disliked it because it tasted like a cheap $.79 loaf of white bread. It was smooth, but in a bad way. It tasted like it was full of preservatives...I guess it's a good alternative to white bread, but the GOOD stops there...

I have consulted come very nice foodie bloggers on cameras and the such (Thank YOU and YOU...check out their yummilicious food photography!). They both had some great advice and suggestions for new cameras. However, the consensus was to...
*
Use Natural Lighting & No Flash
*
Great advice!...although not always possible in my tiny little dorm with the only window being the one next to my bed... However, I gave it a try today...
Now what advice do you guys have?
How do you make your food look picture perfect?
***
What are you majoring in? Click here.
***
***
In case that's not enough...click here for some AHHHMAZING products! ;)

14 comments:

  1. Play around with photos in photoshop to suit your style.
    Yay I love that archer farm's is making more products, anything all-natural I'll give a shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the macro setting on my canon. makes for a much sharper photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't beat the natural lighting - thank you mother nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out!! Your pictures are great :-) I want those grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea the natural lighting is the best! it brings out the natural goodness of all the foods!

    Archer farms does make a whole slew of products for less $$! i havent gotton my hands on any but def see them whenever i go to target!

    delicious looking PB&J

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are right about the natural lighting- never thought about it before- I'll have to try it more often now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natural lighting makes such a difference! I play around a lot, and usually take SEVERAL pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yogurt combo you made. Yes, macro no flash is what I do and my sister who has been doing this for years told me to do this. Also, on occasion in low lighting it is tough and I will switch to my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies rock my world.. I have never had one but after checking out the website I can only imagine they taste like heaven and they are pretty much guilt-free to! Love the natural lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful grapes!! but tis true, natural light in a dorm room is not easy!!

    i really want some penny's low fat desserts now. where did you find them???
    &&thank you thank you for the honest reviews, very good to know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you didn't like the bread, I'm actually surprised! It looks good.

    As for taking pictures, natural lighting is my best friend. It really makes such a difference, it's crazy! I mean, those grapes look so delicious, and they are just grapes! The lighting makes all the difference (Although I really do LOVE grapes!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the pics look great! glad you got some good advice. i know my pics could use a ton of work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with an earlier commenter - the macro setting (the little flower) on my canon is key to good pictures. Of course tonight's photos definitely had some strange shadows, but in general I'm happy with my pictures. I also agree - no flash.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?