- 1/3 cup oats
- 1T MaraNatha PB
- 1T Coconut
- a Splash too many of milk
- 1T Chia Seeds
- Almond Extract
- 5 Random Chocolate Chips that added some delightful, surprise bites!
- Pumpkin Pie Frosting (Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1/2 packet Truvia, Plain Yogurt)
Before leaving for the gym, I had half of a JamFrakas bar and a handful of frozen grapes. I spent one hour on the treadmill and enjoyed every minute of it! Wait, enjoyed?! YES! I enjoyed the walking at a 13% incline, I enjoyed sprinting at 7mph, I enjoyed jogging...enjoyed it all! I never thought I'd see the day. It probably had something to do with the best talk show ever, which I was watching...LIVE with Regis & Kelly! LOVE THEM! ♥ No, really...I love their show.
Let me count the ways:
- The pictures of Gelman in full exercise gear (haha!), the compatible/symbiotic relationship between Regis & Kelly (they just jive!), the never-ending stream of contests (who doesn't love a good contest?) and all of the celebrity hosts make the mornings that much better.
- The conversations between Regis & Kelly, which make me laugh while running on the gym's treadmill (I literally have to take my headphones out sometimes so as to not make too much of a fool of myself in public! haha).
- The way that Gelman chimes in from time to time with random musings...and no tie! ;)
- Regis & Kelly calling for whatever variety of LIVE's trivia that may be going on at the time (something is bound to happen with that old school black phone and the person who may or may not be on the other end of the line).
- Kelly's CUTE outfits!
- The Spontaneity of the Show...
- All of the coffee mugs on the desk...there's like four! lol
- LIVE's Top Dog Contest which airs next week...I entered my baby, but she probably isn't cool enough to be featured?! Just don't tell her that!
- I could go on...
When I got home, I munched on an apple! After getting ready, I joyfully jumped into the kitchen with an exciting plan of what to make for lunch! Well, exciting to me. Despite the fact that I left the Kale Chips in the oven about 2 minutes too long (and they were steaming burnt...those darn things...you have to cook them so carefully!), the star of the show was more than satisfying... Oven Baked Quesadilla anyone?
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Saute Green Peppers and Onions until caramelized to perfection
- Cut a WW Pita into two tortilla like circles (this is not as easy as it may seem because they can tear so easily!)
- Spread 1 Triangle of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese onto one side.
- Spread 1/2 of a microwaved Sweet Potato onto the other side.
- Pile the peppers/onions and black beans on top of one side and sandwich the two halves together.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (along with a batch of kale chips, if you would like!).
Serve with some plain yogurt and tomatoes....MMM!! :DAfter lunch, I made a tiny dessert with about 1/3 cup peach froyo and 2 Late July Mini Whole Grain White Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. YUM! (and yes, somehow I miraculously stopped after only 1/3 cup).
Dinner will probably look something like this...
These are pictures from yesterday; which means that YES, today is my 3rd day in a row to make this combo. THAT is how freaking amazing it is!
And when I get off work at 10:30, I may or may not try out one of these alluring bars...
I won 3 of the Chocolate and 3 of the Original Amazing Grass Green Super Food Bars in a contest over at Sarah's Sweet Lips (Thanks girl!).Speaking of Amazing Grass, make sure you enter this fabulous giveaway! I would LOVE to win! I have never tried any of their powders!
And before I sign off, I want to remind you to vote in the 2009 VeggieAwards! Don't forget to show Emily some support for her delectable goodies!