8/17/09

Back to the Real World!

Did you think I had vanished off the face of the earth...nope! haha I have just been hanging around Kansas City enjoying a variety of sugary Quik Trip drinks, indulging in Dairy Queen treats, eating at just some of the MANY restaurants in the area, celebrating with my cousin at her baby showers, decorating the pink & brown baby's room, drinking an old school Coke Icee while watching Julie & Julia (it was really good, by the way!).....and doing alot of other random stuff! It was a long and much needed vacation; but now it's time to start checking off things from the never ending to do list that is in the works....

For now, lets check out some of the eats I found at the grocery store tonight (we went to pick up my puppies after we got out of the airport and they were shaking because they were so nervous! SOOO glad to have them back...until Saturday, when I leave again...for school.....ahhhh! It's all so fast!)....

A new Cereal! :D
Cascadian Farm Organic Flax Right Pomegranate Raspberry Clusters...for $2.99
Review to come...
Annie's Mac N Cheese....an old favorite!Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Oatmeal Bread.....it was pretty good. Nice and Hearty!Some Random Veggie Burgers that were on sale!.....
Franklin Original Recipe Fresh Veggie Burger (Gluten Free)I immediately fed my grumbling tummy when we got home from the store...it was great; but also eaten waaaay to fast! Whoops...And then my daddio showed me the stack of mail that accumulated while I was gone...add it to the list! However, packages never wait! ;)
Somersault Snack Co was nice enough to hook me up with some of their intriguing treats!
So intriguing, in fact, that my dad and I dove right in!
You get 15 dense, crunchy, flavor packed nuggets in one 150 calorie serving! Score!
My dad tried the Salty Pepper flavor (again...and again...just tonight) and said "It tastes just like normal!...Tell your blog that." HAHAH! That speaks volumes because he is weary of anything "healthy"!
***
I dove into the Chez Cocoa variety first and loved the chocolate background of flavor....but you do have to like sunflower seeds because they are the main component! Good thing I DO!!!
I also won a big ZEVIA Giveaway over at Mom on the Run! Woot! I got one of every flavor...and of course..couldn't wait to dive in!
The Ginger Ale Zevia is spot on with that unique Ginger Ale flavor and truly did have a more natural taste than your traditional diet soda!
I loved it!
Enough of that....Here's a peek into my trip! Too fun!
My aunt and cousin love McDonald's Iced Teas; but the Starbucks lover in me decided to give their McCafe Latte a try!
Delish! Just like Starbucks.....no really!
My aunt had a bunch of Weight Watcher Snacks, so I tried the Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cookie. It was small and not all natural by any means; but man was it dense with a smooth PB taste!
Breyers 100 Calorie Cheesecake YoCrunch tasted simply like a 1/2 plain & 1/2 vanilla yogurt mix with an optional 1/2T graham cracker nubs mixed in. I didn't get even a hint of Cheesecake essence...sort of a joke. I love Breyers, but this particular product let me down!
Caesar Salad Pizza....That's All I have to say!
I dug into my mom's travel candy stash and found a Chick-O-Stick...Sure, it's flourescent orange and all; but it's also crispy, crunchy layers of peanut butter, candy goodness! MMM!
The cake at one of the baby showers... PINK PINK PINK!
RACE FOR THE CURE!
This was such a fun experience! We enjoyed walking the mile so much and I got lots of granola bars, 1 larabar (they were basically out by the time I got to their booth) and other random stuff! :)....what a great cause!
FUZE had a HUGE booth with more samples than you could dream of...my cousin and I were more than happy to give 'em a try!
Check it out...
All of those people = Lots of Fundraising $$$

We also took part in a variety of craft projects...after seeing this at Pottery Barn Kids when we were looking at Baby Stuff (of course), I decided to recreate my own on a smaller scale....with a cupcake and ice cream cone pattern...i'll take pictures of the final project after I hang them in my dorm next week!
I also made a pencil holder after a trip to Micheals...
One last thing....my plane snack was some Aged White Cheddar Pirates Booty...(along with lottssss of cereal!)...why have I never tried this stuff? I'm addicted! :D
Off I go to finish unpacking, organize my to-do list and prepare for take off...
to school this time!
I just found some lovely giveaways!

"Hey, do you know that if the entire population of China walked by, the line would never end because of the rate of population increase? That's my list, every Chinese person in the world." -Lorelai

20 comments:

  1. welcome back! Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time and I love all the pics! Yayyy for having an amazing vacation and for all the new finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time in KC!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back! I love your little Pottery Barn ice cream cone. :D Ooh, I tried those Somersaults too! They were pretty good. And I was a Zevia runner up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy! So many products! It means a lot when my dad likes a product that is "healthy" too...I mean he's very picky, and weary of what I give him!
    I see you purchased a Kroger MAnager Special...I love seeing those tags on foods. They are on organic, vegetarian foods often, which is when I buy them :) Love the baby shower cake too, it's so..pink! And gorgeous of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird...I read this post while sitting in the Kansas City Airport (MO however).
    Oh, and I LOVE those veggie burgers! That brand is big in RI for some reason, and they have BOMB portabella mushroom ones. GREAT for grilling =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed ya! Glad you had such a wonderful time! Everything looks amazing - especially the Race for the Cure!! And awesome deal on the veggie burgers - doesn't get better than that.

    I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooo! so much goodness :) it sounds like you have been up to tons of great things and have certainly not lost your touch for finding the greatest foods EVER! i adore that cheesecake yogurt :) add banana and drizzle with PB .. you will not be dissapointed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you've been busy having a great time on vaca! Glad you are back though! :D

    Mmm yummy eats!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay I am so glad that you are back my dear!! missed your delicious finds!

    As soon as I run out of this loaf of bread I am totally trying that oatmeal bread - sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, those chez cocoa chips sound awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh! Chick o stix!! haha. my mom used to have those all the time in our house! such a child hood memory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're back! That baby shower cake is so pretty. I love themed food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed you and all your yummy looking posts!

    Haha, that manager's special sticker made me laugh! I am always drawn to those stickers... such great deals!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that new cereal looks delicious! I'll have to keep my eye out for it. And I'm such a huge Zevia fan. I love the ginger ale and black cherry flavors the most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time! What a gorgeous baby shower cake...hope it tasted as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! So many delicious foods in this post! Love that Pirate's Booty too! And the dog is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you had a great time, love all the pics :)
    Those crisp oat things look delish, wish I had some to munch on right now :P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whew! That was quite a post! :) I love all the snacks you got at the grocery store and I love anything made by Annie's! I am so proud that you did the Race for the Cure! Good for you! I am a HUGE supporter or Susan G. Komen for the Cure and have been doing volunteer work for them for the last 10 years or so. In fact, I'll be doing my 5th Breast Cancer 3-Day walk this year! I'm PSYCHED! Check my blog for my training updates when you're bored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. our local grocery stores flyers say they sell annie mac and cheese but apparently our particular store branch doesnt! I hope I can find it when I get to school in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cereal sounds realllly good.

    & I looove Pirate's booty and I haven't had it in forevverrrr.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?