11/16/09

Mr. Pita & Amy have a date...DOWNtown!

I put Mr. Pita to good use yesterday. See, I was getting tired of having the traditional ole' salad (snoooze!) because the salad bar options are not very expansive. Therefore, I opted to throw a little bread into the mix (ALWAYS helps! :D). Honestly, Mrs. Pita can have her man because he is a bit too dry and flimsy for me!
Rewind about 14 hours back and here I am...Ready to take on the 20mph wind...One bite of my Kashi TLC bar and one sip of my dorm-made latte...at a time!
Penny's Low Fat Desserts Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin Top (Good NIGHT! Straight from the freezer...be prepped for some fudge-eeee action!).
Have you entered my giveaway? Just lookin' out for ya!
It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!
I have to give a speech this Friday and my topic is Operation Christmas Child. It is such a great organization and I encourage you all to click on that link, learn more and participate! :D
Variations of my beloved friend, Mrs. PB&J! No not THAT PB&J (although she is a beloved friend! :D)...These yummy pals:
Mrs. PBJ made Mr. Pita not seem so shabby! ;)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I guess it needs to be done. Amy's Low Fat Low Sodium Minestrone Soup left me DOWNtown!

Keep in mind this review is for the LOW Sodium variety.


Here is an excerpt from a review that I wrote for iateapie.net:

Let me just say that this can is jam crammed with veggies… peas, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, tomatoes…you name it! There are also a handful of funky shaped noodles that are extremely over cooked and I wish that Amy’s would simply leave this mushy component out. The other element of this low sodium minestrone soup is perfectly tender kidney beans. See how I said low sodium just now…I thought I should remind you. I never add salt to my food and I generally prefer low sodium things, so for me to say that this soup is lacking a little in the flavor department should speak volumes.
NOTICE what is left in my bowl: The MUSHY noodles.
Case Closed.

12 comments:

  1. Nice use of a the pita. Not so good on the soup though. I once had a nuture valley or something or another low sodium soup and it was bland, like only 25 mg sodium which really showed, they did not season with anything else. I think I dumped some pepper in it, but it did not help, so I feel ya on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the weird noodles :-\ but yummyyy eats !! esp the pita.

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not had Pb and J for years, i have had PB and i have had jam but not them together i think i may have to get back on the bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love that soup but have to agree with you on those noodles and theya re always left in my bowl exactlty like that! I did get a free amy;s coupon toward any soup so I used it towards this flavor, just not the noodle part! its great spinkled with some cheese on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMM..that soup is looking good! i love all the creative pita uses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why the put noodles in soups; if it's sitting in liquid for months it's going to get soggy. Oh well, they'll learn someday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with Mr pitta ;-)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like flimsy pitas either! Your filling looks delish though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work jazzing up your salad :) That sounds like a great speech topic girl. Mushy noodles? Ick! Hope you're having a good week chica - cute pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where does one find Amy's soup? I've heard so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PB&J does make anything tasty ;)

    Sorry to hear about that soup! I hate to give bad reviews as well, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gross looking soup....

    You won my giveaway, so shoot me an email with your mailing address :)

    ehowardcrowley at plymouth dot edu

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?