12/24/09

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have lots of pictures, but not lots of time (Santa still has a few presents to wrap...what a slacker!). Let's start things off with a brand new product that I discovered upon the shelves of the best store ever. For those of you who are out of the loop, that's Target...
*Special K Strawberry Fruit Crisps*
I'm not Special K's biggest fan because their ingredient lists tend to be less than impressive, including the dreaded partially hydrogenated oils...However, these looked too good to be true, so I put my feelings for trans fats aside and gave them a try.
They appear to be a mini, skinny pop tart; but the taste sensation is something different all together. It's like a cookie/cracker hybrid that is thin and crispy. When the shortbread like hybrid combines with the thin strawberry jam filling...we'll let's just say that these may become a treat in my diet from time to time! :D
lentil/veggie mix with a chive egg scramble
The crispiness is the most important part of a grilled cheese...or is it the cheese?!
or is it the mandatory tomato soup to dip the crust in?
Pumpkin Oat Scone smothered in nutty goodness
Fresh sliced banana with fresh whipped cream , festive sprinkles and chopped nuts...yum!
Salad with my favorite dressing in my new favorite bowl (Thanks Lex!).
The remainder of my Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken made for a great burrito!
Spinach dip..courtesy of my bee-eff-eff! Bet you haven't heard that one before! haha
Actually, I haven't even heard that one before...
Cookies that came cross country thanks to my stellar cousin who is a new mommy and still has time to whip up a yummy package for her loving TX family! :D
Frozen yogurt is always better with a little crunch!
Even better when the crunch is festive...and came cross country... ;)
Merry Christmas!
Check out these giveaways:

14 comments:

  1. Special K is on my shitlist for the oils that shall not be named, but i might have to cave and try those poptarty things out! you're right, froyo is ALWAYS better with a little crunch! MERRY CHRISTMAS girl, hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those speical k bars actually look decent. your eats look delicious :) have a great christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those kellogs look cool!
    Your eats look delish...as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo those special K treats look GOOD! i love me some poptarts!..thanks for the review

    MERRY CHRISTMAS GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Everything looks great! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever had the fig newton fruit crisps?? I'm pretty sure they are EXACTLY the same as those special K ones. They are OKAY...not much OOMPH to them though!

    Merry Christmas!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh those look good! special K keeps making these great new products!

    have amerry xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog! Just found it through Evan's. Love the M&M's haha :). Merry Merry Xmas - and hope you got all those gifts wrapped ;). I used to eat those Special K bars years ago but now they are just not filling to me. Check out my Blog if you wish or add me to your Roll - love new readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Emily!!

    Greattt pictures and eats! Those fruit crisps do look good! CUTE bowl!!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Xmas!!
    And as a mother, I am more than impressed with your cousin whipping you up homemade cookies, packaging them, and mailing them (Standing in lines with a newborn!!) wow. Most wonderful family you have!

    Take care!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks great, as usual! :) Hope you have a very Merry CHristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MERRY XMAS AND THANKS FOR THE BDAY wishes! how are you doing?!?!

    i'm not looking forward to school for SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MERRY CHRISTMAS :D
    once this nasty storm blows over you better believe I will be on the hunt for those yummy bars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review of the new bars. I will keep an eye out for them so I can try them.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?