12/26/09

Crispy & Creamy Addicitons

I got to play with my french press this morning! I threw some cocoa in...trying to mimic this deee-lightful drink! 'Twas fun (and ta-ta-tasty!), but I need to play around some more!
Remember this Pumpkin, Banana, Yogurt Miracle Mess?!
9:00AM-2:00PM.....that is how long this breakfast lasted me (Helllllo, loads of returns and store-hopping!) without ever getting the least bit hungry. It's a miracle combo! Literally!
I. Want. More. Now. :D
Leftovers from Christmas piled atop a bed of lettuce with the only dressing I care to own (at the moment)...
True North Cranberry Almond Crisps. I'm not sure where these have been hiding, but they are my NEW FAVORITE SNACK. They didn't even last one day in this house.
Campbell's Select Harvest Light Minestrone with Whole Grain Pasta
This was a broth based soup, somewhere between a chicken and vegetable broth with a Mediterranean flair, and I realllllly liked it! It was packed full of veggies (which could have been slightly less mushy, but they weren't bad for a canned soup). The whole grain pasta was al dente and added a nice texture. Do you want to know what else added texture?
LENTILS! They left lentils out of the name (how rude!...Full House? Anyone?), but my favorite legume snuck into this soup, which will keep me coming back for more! :D

Miss Chocolate Covered Katie is giving away some Wild Bars! :D

19 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays!!! Everything looks awesome. That yogurt mess looks incredible! Tommorrow I think is going to be a clean the house day (exciting) and maybe will follow it up with some good jammie time. I love the holidays but Im super tired now! I'll hit the gym in the morning too as my favorite spin class is sunday mornings. Anyways looks like a great day!! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend sweetie!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I need to try that bfast combo...sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "how rude!" lol i love full house so much, makes me proud to live in SF ;). i know what you mean about the pumpkin + yog combo keeping you full forever...it's the best! cranberry almond crisps? sounds goood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh GREAT eats!! all of your snacks are soo creative!! i am lovin the pump yogurt right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for a very filling breakfast :) right now though i need NOT so filling things so i can actually eat as much as i'm supposed to!!
    & tomorrow is still up in the air- maybe tryin yoga for the first time?!

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin yogurt mess looks delishhh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thhat looks like a surprise win for a canned soup

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the stephanie tanner reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Campbells mug, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im trying that pumpkin yogurt mess asap! sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the xmas cocoa is a MUST try for me!! looks so good!!!
    ahh full house-I miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ice cream spoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love power breakfasts that sit in my belly all day. Though usually I snack anyways even if I'm not hungry.. oh food! you always get the best of me.

    love to ya baybay! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, your breakfast sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww Full House!

    That breakfast looks fabulous!

    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is so funny that you posted about minestrone! I have been craving it for WEEKS!! NO JOKE!!

    hurray for pumpkin yogurt messes!!

    take care lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, I mix pumpkin with yogurt and banana and cinnamon allll the time (usually throw in some cereal/weetabix too) and it is one of my FAV breakfasts. So so soooo good. I ALWAYS want more once I finish the bowl. It's especially amazing with FROZEN but slightly defrosted banana. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmm I am having french press envy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the amazing staying power of yogurt messes. nothing compares (besides oats) when you want breakfast to sit like a brick in your stomach!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?