7/23/09

Disco, Calipso...It Don't Matter!

Although it may appear so, I did not vanish off of the face of the earth. I feel like yesterday was Monday and I have worked every day this week and...well enough of that boring talk...let's get on to some fun stuff...

Blue Bunny Double Strawberry Sedona
Frozen Yogurt Granola Sandwiches (whew, that's a long one!)

I promised you a review and I'm not one to go back on a promise, so here it is!
First of all, although this is an ice cream sandwich, I would not recommend eating it by hand because it is very soft and after a few minutes, it will most likely be a mess. However, I don't see that as a drawback because that enables you to plate it up (maybe dress it up) and savor every forkfull, bite by bite! The oatmeal cookies are soft; while the creamy center has a pleasant strawberry flavor. The creamy, strawberry goodness is the first thing that you'll notice and once that melds together and slides down your throat; the chewy, oat-y cookie base steals the show! YUM! I have read mixed reviews online, but I don't care what others think...I'm a lovin' 'em! There is a chocolate flavor that I am dying to get my hands on!

These are a winner in my book! :D

Check out this smoothie creation I made this morning....frozen blueberrries & banana defrosted in the micro for about 10 seconds and a splash of milk....that's it! Refreshingly creamy!
Remember how I told you that I won some Amazing Grass Bars over at Sarah's Sweet Lips..well, in the past few days, I have tried both the Original and Chocolate SuperFood Bars and, I'm not going to lie...I was quite scared to take my first bite! hah
I told my mom about the package when it came and her response was....
"Amazing Grass?! Does it taste like grass?"
Well, thankfully, the answer to that question is NO! Not at all! :D
Amazing Grass Organic Original Green SuperFood Energy Bar
The first thing I thought of when I took a bite was ...Larabar!...but it's got a little bit of a different flava to it! And, personally, I like it better than a Larabar....plus there's alot more of a nutritional punch here...spinach? wheat grass? nuts? seeds? carrots?...you would never know! :D
The nutritionals are pretty darn impressive...check 'em out here!Look at all of that chewy, chunky, nutritious AND delicious AHHH-MAZING GOOOOOOODNESS! Amazing Grass Organic Chocolate Green SuperFood Energy Bar
While the orignial bar is awesome and makes for a great afternoon snack or pre/post-workout fuel...the Chocolate has seriously got it goin' on! I would scrounge around for coins in the couch cushions, if necessary, to have this bar. Heck, I would go check my friend's couches too (let's hope it never gets that far). THIS BAR IS SO AMAZING (And I'm not just saying that to be clever). Oh no, folks. This picture does it no justice, so I will attempt to take a better one next time; but the flavor and texture of this nutritional powerhouse is what really matters. First of all, it's chocolate wrapped in chocolate (a bit messy, so beware!). The texture is almost like a dense, chewy brownie that has been dunked in chocolate. The flavor is similar to homemade brownie dipped in chocolate too but, you can still taste the background of fruit, nuts and nutritional goodness (which is great)! Just go buy one, please, and see for yourself. No, really, go put it on your grocery list...now!
In other news, a nice man came a knockin' on my door today to bring me this...
Now, of course, I was at work; but my mama gladly accepted the package and called me to let me know! It happened to be this schweet bag that I won from Erica (Who, by the way, is so nice and left me the sweetest note!). I love it and once I have a chance to open it up and check it all out, I'll post a pic!
And I will leave you with the filling dinner that refueled my body after an intense spin class...which I put in the biggest bowl I could find...that conveniently had mushrooms on it! I have lost track of how many days in a row I have enjoyed this phenomenal creation...
You still haven't tried it?! Shame on you! ;)
***
P.s. My new favorite song (Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph & The Family Band) was featured on SYTYCD last night! I basically freaked out and replayed it over and over so I could rock out! hehe! Thanks again to Anna who introduced me to it in the first place!

16 comments:

  1. hi lovie! I totally feel you on this crazy week...its been bonkers for me! All of the eats look absolutely delicious and I cannot wait to try one of those bars after your review! You made it sounds simply amazing! haha Guess it really does live up to its name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy week indeed- so glad it's Friday! Hope you have a fun weekend planned!

    You are killing me with all these great products I can't get- granola ice cream sandwich sounds bomb dot com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm some amazing creations you've made! I am going to try the Amazing Grass products sometime, as I keep hearing god things about them. Also since you say they are "better than Larabars", I'm even more intrigued! The ice cream sandwiches look good too. I haven't had an ice cream sandwich in a very long time, they bring back good memories.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need a relaxing weekend! TGIF! Haha!

    I LOVE the chocolate Amazing Grass bar - it's like a brownie! Ahhh! Dipped in chocolate, like you said. I love your creations! I've gotta get all the ingredients to try it. That ice cream sandwich looks AWESOME too! I definitely saw em' at the grocery store the other day, I should've picked some up. Sometimes food is so much more fun plated up anyway, right?!

    Love ya!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY Best song ever!! I knew exactly what the post title was referencing :)

    I agree- the AG bars did sort of remind me of laras, but with a little something else. I can't decide if I'd buy them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the reviews!! Glad you like the Amazing Grass bars :)

    Mmmm shroomies! They are the best, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, I didn't like ice cream sandwiches until recently... or strawberry ice cream, for that matter! This one looks like a winner. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TGIF, right? Anyways, those ice cream sandwiches look absolutely amazing. I have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bars! and I love Fridays! and that ice cream sandwich looks like it could definitely be a love of mine as well!

    Man, you must have a really good blender to be able to make a good smooth smoothie out of just frozen bananas and berries and a WEE bit of milk! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy smokes those ice cream sammies sound delicious! Same with the chocolate super food bar! Im so jealous you got those bars - my whole foods doesn't even have them :\

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh those bars look super good! I've seen them at Whole Foods before and wondered what a *green bar* could look like, but your awesome reviews might just get me to try one! Great blog!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the reviews girl -- i am definitely considering picking up some of those ice cream sammies -- i have a feeling they'd be awesome with some peanut butter, banana, and whipped cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Does that strawberry granola sandwich ever look good - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to see your review of the Superfood bars! I just bought my first one and haven't tried it yet, now I'm excited!!

    Your dinner looks amazing. I am buying portobellas as soon as I can. I keep scrolling up to stare at it ahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! That frozen yogurt granola sandwich looks great! I'll have to look for them on my next trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?