6/6/10

Auntie Who?

Everytime that my mom and I go to Target to shop (just about everytime that we get together!), we walk up to the foodie cashier to get a fountain drink and a soft pretzel or baggie of popcorn to share as we enjoy the vast array of bargains that are about to ensue. This past weekend, when I was home, we made a trip to Target and decided that our munchies of choice would be popcorn. However, that left me with a hankering for a fluffy, buttery, soft pretzel and I knew just the recipe...

My friend introduced me to this recipe and it truly is something special. The only change that we make is to nix the 10T of butter that you are supposed to dunk the golden goodies into and simply rub a stick of butter across the top of all of the radiating twists. You won't use anywhere near 10T (let alone 1T) and you will get all of that buttery goodness.


Gather the goods!
Wakey, Wakey little yeast! Don't kill the poor little guys with boiling water. Knead, Knead, Knead the dough!
(you would think I was a Cheerleader in a former life.)
Let your dough grow up for about an hour in a warm spot.
In the meantime, get your station ready.
George decided to join the show, although I told him we didn't need him!
That is a little cup of flour and salt you see off yonder...for easy access.
Flour, flour everywhere; but not a drop to EAT....yet!
MMM...10 minutes away from a truly delightful snack! These are a twist on the mouthwatering treats that Auntie Anne’s tempts mall go-ers everywhere with and I would say that the fabricators of this recipe must have had someone on the inside.
These are phenomenal!
You can find the recipe here. Enjoy!
Are they good leftover? I have no idea. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Those look amazingggg!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks carbolicious! thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay I have always wanted to make my own pretzels and those look gorgey! And awesome idea for the butter- I was thinking melting it and brushing it with a pastry brush but your way is easier and doesn't involve washing dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EMILY! 18 Rabbits has a giveaway on their Facebook page!! Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man those pretzels look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my blog! :)

    I truly adore soft pretzels and yours turned out so well! They are beautiful! I want to try making them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! Homemade pretzels. I would be so dangerous around these :) They came out amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love making homemade pretzels--so fun to customize the toppings too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, nice job! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?