3/1/10

The Time Has Come

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when I described something as "Chocolate Cherry" as being superior to something "Cookie Dough"...I mean, really, what can beat sinful cookie dough? ...However, the time has come, the Walrus said. Why do I know that quote, yet that poem is as familiar as the jargon that pops up on the blue screen when my computer crashes?

Luna Protein

Chocolate Cherry Almond Bar > Cookie Dough Bar

Sure, the texture was still very nougat-y (a combo between a tootsie roll, taffy and a milk way sans caramel). However, this flavor profile just worked with the ultra chewy texture. There were small bits of almonds and cherry pieces dispersed throughout that added a slight textural difference and the thin layer of chocolate melted amongst the heat of my mouth to enrobe the chewy sweet stuff in smooth chocolate goodness.
Good thing mama sent two of these and only one of the cookie dough flavor. The Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor is the only lone ranger left. Perhaps I shall devour it tomorrow...Did I save the best for last? You tell me!
*
When I reach 100 followers, I think a giveaway may be in order. I mean, 100...that's big. That's a perfect score! ;) Tell your friends.

11 comments:

  1. I bet you'll love the chocolate peanut butter flavor! YUM YUM!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate/cherry is such an underrated combo. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That inside looks sooo good. For some reason it just made me crave a whopper... those malt ball things. Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a Luna protein and haven't tried it yet. I have the Cookie Dough flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that same bar today! Twinz yo. I have to admit, I'm not wowed by the Luna Protein bars in gen. I'm not a big protein bar fan overall since the taste/texture don't jive with me.

    I don't know who said that walrus quote either! Weird how we memorize little bits but have no clue where they came from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bar looks so good. Can Mom send me some too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok i had to consciously stop myself from drooling.

    im going to have to keep my eye out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. really?? i disagree, but i guess my love for all things cookie dough is just too strong to overcome

    ReplyDelete
  9. that quote is from alice in wonderland...at least that's where I know it from! yay for disney love:)

    im with you, i would never have guessed cookie dough would/could be beat...i MUST try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These look amazing! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?