5/12/10

QC

No, I am not talking Quality Control (although, that is what I am talking about for most of the day!). I am talking about QUICK COOKING! We have all been there at one time or another: You get home from a long day at work and just feel like sitting on the couch, turning on the tv (or computadora) and muchin' on some carbohydration!
STOP. Collaborate and Listen.
I have become a master at quick cooking since starting my internship and the past two nights have started like this:
Wash, tear and store lettuce in a tupperware container lined with paper towels for fresh, crisp lettuce the second that you walk in the door. Heat up some canned chili on the stove!

This was actually a vegetarian store brand...I was impressed. The only way to truly test if your chili is hot enough. ;)
Since the chips are out...Make it a twist on a taco salad.
Now THAT is comfort food!

The following day, I decided to cook some lentils.
Am I the only one who LOVES the smell of the house when lentils are cooking?? 30-45 minutes is a long time for a hungry girl to wait, so
I whipped up a little quesadilla in the mean time...
These tortillas are ammmmazing! The yummy flavor of corn tortillas with the soft texture of a flour tortilla. MMM MMM!I then whipped out my new, flavor packed vinaigrette...
Wish Bone Romano Basil Vinaigrette
Simply Delicious.
Tonight, my new roomie and I are going out for smoothies... my favorite kind of "fast food".
P.s. Disturbia is on tv tonight. If you haven't seen that movie, then tune in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your "foodie" mind today?