2/6/10

Lane? As in walk down a...

Has anyone ever seen that episode of Gilmore Girls. It's the one where Lane goes with Rory to the Chilton Party and Louise meets Lane and apparently finds her name intriguing... haha!

Anyways, I broke into a CedarLane Egg White Omelet this morning. Remember when I suggested that you go a different route for breakfast and let Cedarlane take care of your lunch? Well, scratch that because Cedarlane has offered you a different route. A very tasty different route, indeed!

Enter: CedarLane Egg White Omelet with Uncured Turkey Bacon, Vegetables and Cheese

I received this product at no cost to me. The opinions expressed are my own.
The package had opened a little bit within the box, so some of the cheese had spilt out of the package. However, I thought it had just the perfect amount of cheese, so I had no complaints!
300 calories, PROTEIN! and IRON = Filling, Substantial and Nutritious...and Delicious
A lovely ingredient list that makes me think twice about ever going to the trouble of making an omelet again...
The generous portion of egg was cooked to perfection: firm, yet fluffy. The filling consisted of good-sized chunks of firm, yet soft potatoes, turkey bacon, crunchy green peppers and just enough cheese to bring the dish together without overwhelming everything else going on in there! The turkey bacon was PERFECTLY cooked. No really, I have never had meat in a frozen meal that was cooked this well and it added such substance and a smoky flavor profile to the overall dish!
Three minutes in the microwave and I can indulge in a substantial omelet dish that will taste better than the one that would have required me to sauté veggies, dice potatoes, pan fry turkey bacon and utilize the master flipping skills that I do not have? To say that I would happily purchase this again is an understatement.

17 comments:

  1. Mmm wow that omelet looks SO good!! And holy protein!! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was debating what to have for lunch but now it`s obvious: must make an omelet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's quite possible that the episode you're referring to is the ONLY gg episode i haven't seen! ahh! sounds funny too. i love egg white omelets, but i'm a bit weary of eating them from frozen, but i'm so glad it heats up nicely and it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yay for the GG reference!

    And I'm still on the look-out for that Cedarlane Enchilada...

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy protein!!! I vote cedarlane farms next endeavor is frozen PB&J sammies like this smuckers ones I used to <3 when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfect omelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm that looks yummy...I don't think I can get that here though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and I like the ingredient list... Glad it's tasty. It would be nice to use if you didn't have time to make breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That omelet looks incredible!! Love the protein!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for this review! I love cedar lane products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh that looks so good. they have these products at the grocery store right by me- maybe ill pick soem up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great review! I just posted about winning your giveaway - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The previous post...I'm drooling over all that yummy sweet stuff :)

    I have a contest right now, I know you love em and wanted to tell you bout it :)
    http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2010/02/give-away-tropical-traditions-coconut.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. that omelette looks yummy. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoa frozen omelet?! I never thought the day would come!! these look so good :) I want oneee (except I dont like bacon but I would pick it out!)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?