5/24/09

This Week(end) in Reviews

Hey! When was the last time I posted? Yea, I don't remember either! Well....my goal for this week is to post every day because I really do enjoy it! Anyways, this is a simple post bursting with flavor! Ch-Ch-Check it Out!

First off, Kernel Season's Butter Popcorn Seasoning....I love spritzing Parkay Spray on my popcorn (not the healthiest thing, but a few spritz's won't kill ya!), so I figured that this might be another way to add some oomph to my 100 Calorie baggies! The Verdict?! If you are going for a butter flavor, I would stick with the Spray...such a more authentic eating experience (haha). However, Kernel Season's has some inticing flavors that I am dying to try (Chocolate Marshmallow?!?!). Pictured below is a snack plate from some time ago (who knows?!), but the star of the show is in that cute pink rose bowl over there.....
  • 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
  • 1 T Peanut Butter (zapped in the Micro for about 20 seconds....before adding the yogurt of course!)

Ok peeps (cheesy..I know!), this is something that you NEED to try! Seriously. Mix the PB really well throughout and dig in! I sprinkled Cinnamon on top but that is all!

Do not mask the delightful flavor by dipping fruit, cereal or anything else in there!

Pure Delight! :DYou betcha they are back! HOLEY DONUTS....This would be the utterly fantastic Low Fat Chocolate Crumb Donut! BOO YA! It was fantabulous! Imagine a fluffy, hot donut covered in chocolate frosting and crumbles..... for only 149 Calories! CHEA! If I have not convinced you to jump on the Holey Donuts! Train yet, then I am not sure what else I could do! ;)Almond and Apple Praeventia Bars. Long Story Short....they are good, but too small! The dark chocolate on the bottom is very prominent though! :) Lunch Today! Not really a review, but great presentation, no?!

By the way, that is Boars Head Turkey, tomato, advocado and Honey Mustard.....GREAT Combo! Who is this ravishing creature you see before you? Meet Holey Donuts' Raspberry Vanilla Truffle. This little guy resembles a fluffy, personal-sized cake; yet still retains all of the beloved qualities of a traditional Jelly Donut. BABY, this was GOOD!What an innocent looking donut (as innocent as the delectable Holey Donuts can look!)...Dig a little deeper in and you get this.............................ohhh la la! Ok, I'm off to enjoy my Low Fat Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cone and hit the Books (This is the last week of history class!!). I know it looks like all I ate was sweets, but I assure you that I ate MUCH more (most of which was healthy...fruits, veggies, beans....fill in the blanks!).

*

I'm pumped for this week! I have some healthy, simple, 5-minute, 30-minute, complicated, cooking, meals planned (83275 thoughts shoved into one sentence....just roll with it!)! There is no school tommorrow, so I am planning on hitting up the gym early in the morning, then heading to Starbucks (I haven't been there in a while!) with my History Notes and studying up for my Test on Tuesday! What are your plans?

*

And we should all remember those who are fighting and have fought for us in the past (and everyone else who has been involved in securing our freedom)! Freedom is a privilege and I am so thankful for those who will risk their lives to ensure its stability!

*

P.s. Miss Gliding Calm is doing her first ever giveaway! (And I want to WIN! :D lol)

17 comments:

  1. I mixed peanut butter with my greek yogurt and it was so so so good! I agree, no need to add anything else, it's just that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm gonna have to give that yogs + peanut butter a try without all the fruit madness! Whenever I mix yogurt and nut butters I almost always add something else, never though to try it by itself!

    Have fun at the gym tomorrow, and don't study TOO hard, haha! Just kidding, enjoy your day off!

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warning - this post should not be read when hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great reviews!! The first Holey Donut is one that I have but have tried it yet so I'm looking forward to now that you've given it praise!

    Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tanya thought I am full and still drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB with yogurt! I never thought of that...MUST try it now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH I want those donuts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh, I'm still so jealous of those donuts.

    Your Monday plan sounds good, and I'm glad you're looking forward to this week! I'll be doing some shopping, cleaning the house, and working out. Nothing too special, but maybe I'll make a nice dinner :)

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pb..but have not tried it in yogurt yet. will have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The donuts are making me drool! I am trying the yogurt and PB combination now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DUDE, youve got some massively amazing donuts to get grubbin on! jealousssss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, those Holey donuts are bombarding me everywhere! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those donuts look like heaven ! hahah That's so awesome that a sweet treat like that is still low in calories!!

    http://strivingforbalance.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. peanut butter melted into yogurt is SO good... I wish I could get some holey donuts here! I think they should sell them here- who could resist?!!!!!!

    Honey mustard + turkey = match made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow delicious eats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yogurt and peanut butter mixed is suchhh a good combination, I completely agree! Have you ever tried mixing peanut butter/almond butter into apple sauce (and microwaved)!!? Ahhh it's my favorite!!

    Hope the studying and starbucks went well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog! That pb & yogurt sounds delicious!

    http://healthyfitmama.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?