7/11/10

BWC Breakfast Pizza

My FlatOut surplus has really peaked my creativity, as of late. My Peanut Butter Mini Cinni Rolls inspired me to reach further into my culinary creativity and, as a result, the BWC Breakfast Pizza was born!
It's not my birthday yet, but Mama N'nD is on top of things! ;)
I took a Traditional Country FlatOut Artisan FOLDit Flatbread and cut it into two separate halves.
I then proceeded to preheat the oven to 350*F.
I smashed a banana and spiked it with vanilla, cinnamon and ground flaxseed. Then I spread the mixture onto the two halves. (If your banana is not very ripe, you may want to add a bit of sugar)
Now, add the toppings. I chose walnuts and cranberries. Choose some form of nut because when they sit in a 350* oven for 10 minutes atop your pizza, they get toasty and develop such an irresitible level of crunch and flavor!
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cut each half in half and serve.
Crispy, crunchy on the edges and doughy/chewy on the inside. The spiked banana mixture caramelizes and serves as a delightful spread. The nuts...well, I have already sang their praises. The cranberries provided a tart and sweet element that was also quite enjoyable.
What would go on top of your breakfast pizza? I think heating up some peanut butter and drizzling it on top would be the most amazing finishing touch. Too bad that didn't come to mind before I started chowing down!

By the way, if you haven't connected the dots yet, BWC stands for banana, walnut and cranberries!

3 comments:

  1. If you run out of ideas and still have a lot of Flat Out left, send em to me!! Haha :) I've only seen their regular wraps, but I can't wait till they put their new stuff out!

    <3 Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. when pizza's on a [flatout] you can have pizza anytime

    name that commercial!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your "foodie" mind today?